Saturday, November 28, 2009

My new found passion: Photography

Of late, I have built an interest in photography so I go out with friends to places in and around Delhi to capture the beauty around us that is left unnoticed many a times.

My first photo shoot started with with a trip to Humayun's tomb. Its a shame that I never knew this place existed till a few months back.

Moving on.. I could not have picked a better day to go shooting as the sun was just right and the sky was a lil cloudy which gave me some amazing shots! This shot of Isa Khan Niyazi's tomb with the clouds in the background just makes the picture perfect!!

Now, I still don't have one of those D-SLRs with me so I had to make do with my old but trusty Nikon 5600 which did not disappoint me.

I was able to get some decent shots and learnt a few tricks in the process. The picture in the left is one I always wanted to capture, with the shadows of the pillars and the passage. Wondering if this might be a time portal to take me into another time and era altogether...



Coming back to reality, as I moved forward towards the main tomb structure, I was glad to see some restoration work going on.



Another one I liked was an over-exposed picture of the sun behind the clouds... Gives a feeling of weightlessness somehow to me. Ethereal.....



After all these practice shoots, my absolute favourite of the trip had to be the shot of the tomb itself. The lighting was perfect and surprisingly after a
zillion clicks, my hand did not shake in this one, giving me a perfect shot (well, at least for a beginner!)



No comments:

Post a Comment