Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday Brunch

With another Sunday, another week gone by... So, this time I decided to try something new and treat myself to a nice Brunch. Well, it could have been a breakfast as well, but lazy me, I just could not wake up in time.

For me, it has to be about health as well (whatever the ignorant me knows that is!) so to start with, I decided to try the current favourite mantra,
detoxification. Thanks to a recent visit to a family friend where I tried some green tea, it got me reading about all the goodness they offer.

I found out that green tea is all dried herbs / flowers / fruits and how it helps cure the most difficult of ailments like diabetes, arthritis... We are after all all dust and bone so why not?!

Though yesterday's shopping spree did make me buy a tin of organic green tea from FabIndia, I still wanted to try cooking up a home made concoction. So I made myself a purer and customized green tea with some fennel, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, basil, cardamon and cloves.

Now I prefer my green tea with some honey and after an infusion for 5 mins, a healthy meal of green tea with some toasted bread with plum crush and loads of fruits felt like the food of the Gods!

With my voracious diet, I had to move to the next course and decided to cook some sauteed mushrooms with a spiced up onion and tomatoes sauce loaded with garlic... yummmm! Mushrooms go very well with rice so my obvious choice was rice.

Its 3:40 p.m. and I am still deciding on something sweet to give closure to my taste buds.

All the cooking was made possible with a playlist of peppy music .. LOUD and CLEAR from my room to the kitchen!!

Bon Appetit to ones who want to try it out next weekend..............

No comments:

Post a Comment