Sunday, December 27, 2009

Kanatal: Prologue

2 weeks back my BFF sends me an SMS saying she'll be in Delhi in the last week of December so we can meet up. But of course I was all thrilled to read he message and following the chit chat we concluded with a tentative plan of us girls heading out to the mountains.

Deciding the place:

Deciding the place took a day or two with the options being from Corbett, Jaisalmer and myriad others. I wanted to visit an unheard destination with one constraint: it needs to be not too far off. With help from One stop solutions, we were able to decide on the place fast and Kanatal it was.

Logistics:

Night time travel seemed the best option to ensure maximum utilization of time but driving or hiring a cab was ruled out. Wat about an over night train till Haridwar?? Sangeetha checked the tickets availability and voila the trip was confirmed!

With booking done a week or so in advance everything running as scheduled.

Packing for the trip:

With a hectic week at work, dinner/ lunches with friends and a 7 course meal (I just had to talk abt the 7 course meal coz it was goooood), I started to pack only yesterday and realised that all the winter clothes wont fit in my favourite travel bag so a bigger case was taken out.

As a pointer, make sure you pack enuf when going to the mountains in winters. You never know what's in store for you (This comes from personal experience!)

I know it made me run to the mall and the near by markets a couple of times but its worth it: Caps, scarfs, mufflers... You just don't get the opportunity to flaunt your winter clothes in Delhi / Pune so both of us are excited and hoping for some decent thand.

Travel time companion: Music

Well, music is essential! Creating a new playlist dedicated to the trip with an assorted collection of Chopin, OST - Crash, El Postino and The Last Samurai, motown music, Dean Martin, Miles Davis, Matchbox 20, Lifehouse, Poets of the fall, U2, Telepopmusik, Dream Theatre.... The list is still going on so I plan to dedicate one blog to the music accompanying us on the trip as well.

As for now... Going for dinner and then Kanatal here I come!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment