Wednesday, December 23, 2009

These are a few of my favourite things

Sound of Music is one of the best musicals I have come across! My favourite scene from the movie absolutely has to be the one where the captain says to Maria "Oh yes we are Captain!" when she is incessantly pleading him to pay more attention to his kids and be more of a DAD to them than a Captain running an army. A song from this movie:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kitten.......
Brown paper packages tied up with string,
these are a few of my favourite things

..has inspired me to write about the everyday things in life that are my favourite. Its funny how your everyday drive to work, the little things you see around, the converstions you have bring joy that may be hard to imagine if you are not there to see them first hand.

  • 95 fm has to be first on my list as the moment I step out of home, I switch on the crazYness that the RJs on the station have to offer! I frequently call up to participate in their segments / games involving the listeners and its plain fun talking to them.
  • The Israeli commando, pointed out to me by my travel time companion these days, who stands outside the Embassy making sure everything is in order. I've come to a conclusion based on the various bunch I've seen standing outside (restricting the bunch to the israelis) that Israeli men are no less than Greek Gods!
  • The trees loaded with those pink flowers at the round about at The Claridges. I've been obsessing about these flowers for ages now!
  • The kid in the billboard of Lufthansa Airlines at the Shanti Nikentan red light.
  • Lunch/ Post Lunch walk with my pal Pooja...
  • Blogging from work ;)
  • Spontaneous dinner plans with colleagues
  • Mini stop overs for ice cream / Gol guppas
  • Mum playing farmville when I reach home
  • Watching a war movie on my latest aquisition - the giant 42 inch plasma TV

No comments:

Post a Comment